Monday, February 15, 2016

Instant Gratification









                                              Forever 21: BootsWhite ShirtMaroon Shirt (similar)

As I've accumulated birthdays under my belt, I've grown to appreciate quality over quantity. Also, with the increase (and well deserved) stigma of fast fashion, the guilt has forced me to start thinking of others instead of my own greed for more "cute" clothes. However, I'm not perfect, and I gave into purchasing a few items from Forever 21. Accessibility is the reason that Forever 21 is so tempting since the clothes have a wallet-friendly price tag, but enough of my guilt induced rant.

I've always found a peeking shoulder to be subtle and sexy. I'm definitely happy about the off-the-shoulder tops flooding the sales floor because I can't get enough of them. I enjoy the flirty, carefree silhouette that is great for hiding a food baby. Since the material is light and breezy, these tops will be easy favorites during the sweltering summer in where I live. I was leaving the store after purchasing the white top when I spotted the boots with the wooden heel. I have craving shoes that combine black leather with an earthy heel, but had not found a pair that I loved. I rarely purchase Forever 21 shoes because I find them to be uncomfortable, but the aesthetic of these boots sold me. I wore them all day Saturday and didn't feel like my feet were being murdered; my boyfriend and I walked everywhere! They seem sturdy, but their craftsmanship is that typical of Forever 21. I wore the white stripped top with my long black overalls and the boots shown above and loved the pairing!

How are you preparing for the warmer months?

No comments:

Post a Comment