Saturday, March 12, 2016

Lazy wavves







Thickening Spray
Surf Spray
Happy weekend guys, I hope you are enjoying it so far! I've been working on my final papers, but I took a short break to get my hair trim. I've had a pixie cut for ten years so the last time that I saw my hair long was when I was 11 years old. I've decided that I'd like to see how it suits me so I'm currently trying to grow it to about my collarbones. Naturally, I have very soft, straight hair which is a problem because it makes my hair lay very flat. My hairstylist, Liz, recommended these lightweight products to add texture and grip to my hair. She knows that I am not a fan of hot tools because I'm not very skilled and I prefer a natural, careless look. However, these are drying and mattifying products so keep that in consideration if you have naturally dry hair.

Surf Spray: After showering, spray the surf spray generously. Next, do scrunching motions by grabbing the ends in your palm and pressing it upward and against your scalp. After you've done this throughout your hair, grab your hairdryer and set it to medium heat with medium airflow (use a diffuser). Now, when the hair is in your loose fist, massage the hair a bit to create texture. Every so often, open your palm and continue massaging in order to blow dry your hair a bit. If you want volume, scrunch the hair in your fist, pull the hair upwards and blow dry your roots. Ta-daaaa! You've got easy, breezy wavvvvesss!
Texturizing Spray: Have fun and spray this all ova! It is lightweight and non-greasy. Rub your fingertips together and play with your hair. Your hair will get grip and allow you to style it simply by using your fingers. You can use this on days that you let your hair air dry in order to give it texture.

Alright, well back to homework time. Have a nice weekend!
P.S. There has been a storm all week so outfit photos are nearly impossible, sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment