Thursday, February 18, 2016

A College Student's Kitchen







Moving into my own apartment, I never realized how difficult it would be to buy the right amount of food for just one person. At first, I always bought too much and a lot of food went to waste. Then I lived off of instant soup and frozen food which made me feel so sluggish. A few months later, I'm finally getting the hang of grocery shopping for myself. However, I tend to buy less than I need for a week to avoid wasting food. After trying various stores, I've finally found my favorite: Trader Joe's. I'm sure that my friends and family are tired of me ranting about Trader Joe's. They have a great selection of treats, milk, yogurts, snacks, etc. The produce is always great quality and usually at a reasonable price. Also, it helps that Trader Joe's is five minutes from school.
This quarter I have consecutive classes which leaves me no time to eat in between classes. I pack my basket with fruit as it makes for an easy and yummy snack. I always choose a vegetable to work around for the week, and this week I chose zucchini. I enjoy making zucchini spaghetti and dressing it with zucchini tomato sauce (so good!). I like to keep grocery shopping fun by indulging in a new treat for the week, and this week I chose the Peruvian Inca corn which is really satisfying (it's the crunch!). The Trader Joe's nonfat Greek yogurt is so creamy and flavorful; I love the pomegranate flavor! I keep my meals fairly simple and fast since I am always busy. How do you shop for food?

No comments:

Post a Comment