Monday, February 22, 2016

Sunday Savings











Backpack (similar), Blouse (similar), Skirt (similar), and Heels
On Sunday, I groggily woke up after a late skyping session with my boyfriend. I quickly got ready to pick up my friend, Regina, for our thrift shopping date. We traveled to our nearest Savers to scavenge for sweet spring and summer pieces. We quickly packed the cart with light dresses, skirts, and denim shirts. I found a lot of cute pieces, but many didn't fit quite right. Before, I used to enter a thrift store and leave with a large bag making the mistake of purchasing items simply because of the doable price. However, I've forced myself to be harsher on the pieces that I decide to bring home especially because I don't want to overflow my closet with pieces that I will neglect. I was searching for long, breezy dresses and denim shorts, but there weren't many options catering to my taste. Despite this, I love the three items that I chose because they're all practical items that I will put to use.

Afterward, our brunch, I went to Target for household items and came out with new makeup and heels. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I tend to run far away from heels. However, I'm pretty crazy about the wooden heel trend and Target did a good job with these cuties. They are comfortable, sturdy, and appear costlier than their price ($28). Currently, they will be tucked away in my closet until spring break because I'm currently a zombie as finals are quickly (very quickly) approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment